On July 7, 2008, the Chancellor and Provost asked all campus units to:
- Phase out the use of campus unit logos
- Use only the campus logos
- Refer to campus units with text only, and
- Use a comprehensive visual identity.
The deadline for compliance in print products was August 7, 2008. The deadline for digital products such as PowerPoint presentations and campus unit home Web pages was December 31, 2008.
Versions of the two campus logos, either the Illinois logo (preferred) or Urbana-Champaign logo are available for download on this site.
A series of workshops begun continues. WORKSHOP DATES AND TIMES >>
View the PowerPoint presentation from the workshops. DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION >>
- The campus logos must remain as originally drawn and proportioned and cannot be modified.
- A buffer zone of at least one-third of the height of all versions of the I Mark, Illinois logo, or Urbana-Champaign logo must appear between the logo and other design elements. A buffer zone larger than one-third of the height of all versions of the logo is strongly preferred.
- Designers should not place design elements in close proximity to the I Mark, Illinois logo, or Urbana-Champaign logo in an attempt to make the two appear to be a unit.
- The I Mark must appear on the cover of all publications.
- Either the Illinois logo (preferred) or Urbana-Champaign logo must appear inside the publication.
- Campus units can meet both guidelines by simply placing the Illinois logo or the Urbana-Champaign logo on the front of publications.
Print and durable goods (brochures, newsletters, print advertising, banners, signage, clothing, imprinted items) developed after September 8, 2008, must comply with these standards.
All existing materials should be used until exhausted; all print products and durable goods must comply by January 1, 2010.
- The I Mark and the text "University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign" or "Illinois" must appear prominently on the home page of all campus units. The I Mark must be linked to the campus Web site home page at http://illinois.edu. Campus units can meet all of the guidelines by simply placing the Illinois logo (preferred) or the Urbana-Champaign logo on their home page and linking it to http://illinois.edu.
- Include the text "Illinois" or "University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign" in the title field of the home page after the name of the campus unit.
- Use the campus favorites icon.
- Second- and subsequent-level Web pages developed after September 8, 2008 must include an I Mark linked to the campus Web site home page at http://illinois.edu.
Web pages developed after September 8, 2008, must comply with these standards. Existing home pages for all campus units must comply by January 1, 2009.
PowerPoint and Keynote Presentations
The I Mark and the text "University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign" should appear prominently on the first page of PowerPoint and Keynote presentations. New campus templates are available for use but are not required.
Presentations developed after September 8, 2008, must comply with these standards. Existing presentations must comply by January 1, 2009.